I hadn’t been able to get this Roasted Beetroot and Goats Cheese Salad out of my head for a few weeks, so asked Ben to add a few of the ingredients to our weekly shop! I love a winter salad and whilst it’s so cold in the UK at the moment, it makes a great alternative to traditional stodgy comfort foods. This salad is packed with your five-a-day and the most delicious flavours. Healthy, but decadent!
2 x Peeled Sweet Potatoes
4 x Small Beetroot (fresh or pre-cooked)
A Handful Green Beans
1 x Peeled Carrot
4 x Asparagus Spears
A handful of Cherry Tomatoes
1 Teaspoon Rosemary
76g Giant Couscous
Four handfuls Salad Leaves
50g Goats Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Chop your sweet potato, beetroot and carrot into bitesize pieces then pop in an oven proof dish, drizzle with olive oil and pop in the oven for 25 minutes or until soft
- While the veg is roasting, cook the couscous as per instructions on the packet and drain
- Chop each asparagus spear into four pieces and chop the beans in half
- Add them, along with the rosemary and tomatoes to the dish and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Or until all the veg is gently roasted
- In a large bowl, toss together the couscous, salad leaves and roasted veg, then split between two bowls
- Crumble half the goats cheese over each, squeeze half a lime over each and serve!
The Beetroot and Goats Cheese salad can be kept in the fridge for a few days, so my advice is to double the batch and enjoy for longer! If you want to make the salad vegan, you can very easily swap out the goats cheese for toasted pine nuts or any other nuts you fancy!