This Creamy Pea and Mint Pasta with Asparagus is a perfect mid-day pick-me-up or evening comfort food. Ben and I recently discovered the Ugo pasta which is completely vegan and gluten free. Packed with protein and made from Chick Peas, the pasta is just 252 calories per serving. It also takes just three minutes to cook, making it the easiest fuss-free comfort food.
Sprinkle dry-fried pine nuts on the top for a cheesy taste and for extra crunch if desired!
400g Frozen Peas
300g Green Beans
60g Vegan Soft cheese
300g Ugo Fusilli Pasta
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Cracked Black Pepper to season
- Bring a pan of water to the boil
- Chop a third off each asparagus base and set aside
- In a food processor (we use the NutriBullet) blend together 200g of the peas, the chopped thirds of asparagus ends, the lemon juice, the vegan soft cheese and all the mint (leaving a few sprigs aside for decoration if desired).
- In a frying pan, gently fry the asparagus until golden brown, then set aside on a separate plate.
- Pour your pea and mint sauce into the same frying pan and add the green beans and peas. Cook for 10 minutes until piping hot.
- Cook the pasta in the pan of water for three minutes, then drain.
- To assemble the dish, split the pasta between two bowls and top with the sauce and greens. Split the asparagus between the two dishes, top with a sprig of mint and crack a generous helping of black pepper over each.