05/11/2014

Autumn Picnics on the Heath

Another beautiful day spent on Hampstead Heath with my very own Mr Heath.

Sometimes I do feel we cater to our country stereotype; does anyone else carry picnics onto green spaces in autumn whilst wearing wellies, or is it just us British?

The Gentleman and I stopped in Hampstead to grab some supplies, before heading off up onto the green to devour them all.

Beetroot and Smoked Salmon cream with Rocket, Apple and Blackberry Juice, Chicken and Leek Pie and a Coffee & Walnut cake to share for pudding.

I do love autumn. I definitely do not have a favourite season though, I'd never like to make spring, summer and winter feel left out. But there's something so seasonal about autumn and spring, nature changes the most. Animals go into hibernation and the leaves turn that gorgeous crisp orange, in the latter part of the year.

My favourite past time is to kick up the leaves on the pavement into a flurry, or stamp on every lone leaf I can find to hear that satisfying crunch. But walks in woodland still hold a place in my top ten autumn things to do!

Especially when we come across huge fallen trees like this;

Which also double as perfectly fabulous backdrops for impromptu photo-shoots.

Top - Reiss // Leggings - Topshop // Wellington Boots - Hunter // Bracelets - Stella & Dot // Jumper - Primark

We were obviously feeling pretty childish and after climbing all over the tree, went on to play in the leaves.

We decided to make a bit of a day of our leisurely stroll and walked the whole Heath, popping to Kenwood House to check that nothing had changed. - Really that's just my excuse, I actually like to imagine myself strolling the grounds as Lady Heath of Hampstead Heath and Kenwood House is my permanent residence... well, it COULD happen!

Luckily for me, The Gentleman reminds me to keep my feet firmly on the ground (although he didn't say WHICH grounds!) Now excuse me, while I pop off to sip my tea and ponder which lawn we'll play croquet on.
Share:

29 comments

1. What a lovely post! You look so cosy in your jumper!I love how our blogs are just as much about our boys as they are about us :)
    Lots of love,
    Angie

SilverSpoon London

ReplyDelete
  2. The fallen tree is so pretty! Both the food and the scenery look quite nice!

ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are my kind of supplies...yum! And great outfits and beautiful photos as always! :)

ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfits - I loooove Hunter boots and that first sweater is adorable!

ReplyDelete
  5. What I love most about British food and eat as much as I can whenever I am in London is savory pies! Chicken and leek pie? Yes, please! The boots are adorable, I would love them in red!

ReplyDelete
  6. how magnificent! love everything in this post katie! i miss walking on fallen leaves , not much here in cali!

7. Erin Shebish11/06/2014 1:19 am

Oh wow! What a beautiful, perfect day!

8. You guys look phenomenal! What a gorgeous surrounding! <3

ReplyDelete
  9. Can you just move your little butt over to California and be friends with me? You're so cute! I love your entire outfits all the time. We could eat out at restaurants and snap fun blog pictures all the time. Love the black boots + leggings with that cable knit sweater.

10. Pauline Cabrera11/06/2014 2:25 am

What a picnic! Looks fun and romantic.

ReplyDelete
  11. I want some Hunters so badly! Why do they have to be so expensive? lol...too bad I live in Texas where it doesn't rain and I can't justify them! lol!

ReplyDelete
  12. I want to have a picnic. You guys are the cutest!

13. Michelle Snow11/06/2014 5:26 am

Those photos are fabulous. What a beautiful setting to have a picnic!

ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh what a beautiful place! I would absolutely spend hours daydreaming about living there too. Beautiful as always!

ReplyDelete
  15. I love the adventure shots and the hunter boots! I have the red packable ones and I'd totally wear them everywhere if I could!

16. Karissa Ancell11/06/2014 6:57 pm

Really great photos, I like your jewelry

17. Kristine Foley11/06/2014 9:37 pm

Sounds and looks dreamy!

ReplyDelete
  18. I've always wanted to go to Hampstead Heath and pretend that I was hopelessly in love with the tragically sick John Keats (can you tell I'm an Literature major??) but I haven't ever had the chance on any of my trips to London. :( Fun fact: when I went to London a few years back with a family I was tutoring, we all met Sir and Lady Hoare, who own Kenwood House--they are crazy nice and showed us around parts of London, so maybe if you asked really, really nicely, they'd let you in! :)

19. What great pictures. It all looks so amazing (:

ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like it was a gorgeous day!

We definitely have to take advantage of the days whilst they're here :)

21. Ayana Pitterson11/10/2014 3:15 am

Amazing pictures! Looks like such a great time.

Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

22. But of course! It would be too much hard work to not have him in it! <3

ReplyDelete
  23. So tasty isn't it! I think the boots come in red too! You should look them up. Not that I think you'll ever need them in your part of the world? <3

ReplyDelete
  24. HAHA Of course! Whenever I plan on coming over I will DEFINITELY be letting you know and taking you up on that offer ;) <3

ReplyDelete
  25. I bought mine from a shop called Mole Valley Farmers and they were actually under £50 can you believe it?! Such a country shop in England, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to ship to you guys though Plus it wouldn't make much sense where you are anyway! <3

ReplyDelete
  26. Thats an incredible story! If I do ever meet them, I'll be sure to mention it to them and let you know :) <3

27. We had a particularly warm day for this one! <3

ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like a fun day... and all of the food.

ReplyDelete
  29. Everything looks so beautiful, but mainly, I love your boots! :)

ReplyDelete

© Kalanchoe | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig